Friday, March 23, 2012

End of Week Dump: Green Machine and my first day!

Alright this week has been busy but I really promise to get back into the blogging routine! Here is a past week Dump!

After a rough weekend and a meltdown from the buildup of said rough weekend, Wednesday, I was finally able to pick up my car! Thanks to the USAA guy who actually did his job right, (first go around of trying to get the insurance card left me in tears) I was able to complete the 3 hour process of getting my car registered, inspected, and getting my first set of gas coupons! Ill tell you now after not driving for almost 2 months it was very nerve-wracking getting behind the wheel again. The green machine did not enjoy her first trip up the driveway from hell, but I think a little practice and she will do fine....also maybe getting the brakes checked just to make sure lol!

Tucker Update: aforementioned rough weekend. We had another incident with the neighbor dog Thor. This time, after a bath and closer inspection, Tucker appeared to get the worst of it. He has some bite marks on his poor little ears and some surface lesions/scratches down his neck and on his left shoulder! I was so scared for my little puppy but he seems to be doing better. Lots of neosporin on his wounds (luckily I had just got some for my own from my bike accident), a couple cans of dog food (he usually only eats dry unless we are having problems getting him to eat-like after the incident) some boiled chicken (for when he really wont eat anything), and lots of snuggles and neck/ear rubbies from mom, he seems to be on the mend...again!
After some phone calls to the housing office and threats of breaking our contract and moving , the message finally got through to our landlords (I would call them directly but they dont understand english and my Italian skills are lacking). Dont worry the fence appears to be constructed shortly. Just yesterday they brought all the preassembled pieces, so hopefully its a short wait before it is up!

Well yesterday was my first day of the new job! I am the Homework Lab Tech at the Villagio Youth Center. After the first day I already know that this job is going to be very different than teaching preschool. I will be assisting 6-8th graders with their homework as needed and otherwise just hanging out with them and simply supervising them in the center. The kids come and go as they please, are never required to participate. My side of things will be working with kids who have signed a contract with the center and their parents to come to the homework lab a certain number of times a week. I will monitor attendance and work as a type of liaison team with parents and the middle school. I will also be helping plan some fun learning activities that are available to win points for the kids for prizes and parties at the end of the semester with competition between grade levels. I love how relaxed everything is at the center and the people I will be working with are great!

Best part of the new job: having my mornings to do what I want (such as today, I can keep up on the blog). Yesterday I was able get used to driving around, which means I pretty much found different routes to post and to the malls...hey a girl has to shop! Well better finish cleaning as I am expecting a certain someone home in the near future.

Stay tuned, this weekend my adventurous travel buddy Rachel and I will be heading to a local vineyard for a cooking class and wine pairing! I'm just excited to eat!

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds amazing!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip! Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete