Friday, March 9, 2012

Busy Bee

Well my week has been full of Job Interviews, plumber/internet/satellite appointments around the house, running errands and shopping trips with friends, FRG socials, learning Kyle's drill to hang some pictures and my first dinner guest. I am exhausted at the end of the day and my feet are swollen, I think that means Im doing too much but I am desperate to keep busy while Kyle is gone! My new friends Lindsey and Rachel have been my godsend this week!
 I am happy to announce that I did accept a job offer today working with Child and Youth/ School Age Services. I am a new Homework Lab Tech at the Teen Center on post. Pretty self explanatory in the title but Ill be helping high schoolers with their homework and helping make learning fun! I also aid in any field trips that are planned and possibly being a summer camp counselor! Its only part time but I think it is a good start for now also leaving me more time to spend with Kyle before the deployment.

I am still waiting for the TV connection to be fixed as well as Internet so Im on a borrowed connection for now to at least get a little bit of Internet at the house, but am running low on movies on our shelf to watch! Lucky for me the library on post has a very large section of movies and tv shows to check out! Nothing LIke some wine, bruschetta and salami for a night In watching old Friends episodes! Starting to be more Italian already with these small meals....




on another foodie note, I have also fallen in love with greek yogurt from the Botega at the bottom of the hill with some granola and an expresso for breakfast. True Italian style right here! (I dont think I could do the drinking wine at lunch thing...)

We had our first ladies only FRG today which was a delicious potluck giving me the opportunity to meet some fellow HHC ladies!
Yes I hung pictures by myself. I am very proud that I first figured out how to use his drill and actually put the bit in, and figured out how to hang pictures properly in these cement and plaster walls! I am a handy'woman'.
Things are coming together and I am excited to get into a routine with the JOB, but am enjoying making lots of new friends in my free time!
Well off to a Villa/Winery tomorrow with a group of ladies for some tasting and dinner (hopefully with a couple of bottles to bring home too).
Here is a picture of roo 'helping' hang some pictures....I guess this means I will sleep at the foot of the bed tonight!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got a job and are loving it now that you are settling in!

    ReplyDelete