Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Did I forget something?

Well I have been preparing for tomorrow for months now but I still feel unprepared. It is hard to sort what you will need in the next month and a half and pack it into two suitcases, what we will need for the first shipment we will receive (think necessary things to live with), and what can just be shipped and we can wait to receive. Now imagine the army having strict rules and weight limits as to what items can and can't be shipped as well as which shipment each item is allowed to be packed in.....can you say pressure major!! I think/ hope I have all the necessary documentation that we have to have but the list just keeps growing....and after everything is packed up and picked up, there is no going back. If it isn't set aside now then we won't see it for 2+ months! Any one else that has done a major move with the military (sorry civilians things are run very different with this move) understands my nerves as well. The thought of who the army picked to move us will be coming into our home and packing away our ENTIRE LIFE into an estimate 7,000 pounds of boxes....I just hope they are gently with me, this is my first time! It's getting late so back to my never ending checklists! Wish me luck

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Maggie! I'm excited to see you over the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete