Sunday, July 14, 2013

Almost 26! Reflection

These past ten months, as I get ready to celebrate my 26th Birthday- my first by myself, I have learned so much about myself; my own dreams, my strength and confidence in being independent, and my own plans for the future. I also like to think I learned a great deal about life and what is important. I have had so many people come in and out of my life for the past 10+ months. Some have been old friends, some new.

Hard life lessons that I have no control over but its the sad, cold, hard reality of my new life:

-It has finally sunk in that some friends that I had 10 months ago, will never be as close or as important as they used to be. (I guess my widsters were right about married friends slowly fading away over the years). Oddly enough, I am okay with this- if they wont make the attempt to be a positive light in my life then they dont need to be a part of it-simple as that.

- Going back to MN rekindled old friendships and strengthened my family bonds; we picked up right where we left off from college!

-My family will always be there for me and will always support me when I need them. They are my biggest advocates and most honest critics. Love you guys!

-Now that I am in a new city- sitting at home is not going to make me any friends with the exception of Ben & Jerry and my trusty furry sidekick. I plan on being outgoing and exploring my new city, even it is alone for the first couple of weeks.

-Exploring a new city with a fellow transplant creates what I hope to be lasting friendships.

-I will try new things even if I am nervous, scared, disgusted, or any combination of the aforementioned.

Okay not so serious updates now- still self-teaching/working on my guitar skills which to me are not quite music sounding yet. Organizing and reorganizing a 1 bedroom apartment only takes a weekend before you run out of things to organize. Organizing and reorganizing a 1 bedroom apartment for an entire weekend is about as much procrastination form school work I can come up with. Excitedly only a few more weeks left of the semester and I will be one semester away from graduating with my Masters Degree! Very excited!
Well off to walk the furry child before it gets dark out; First official (non-family) visitor tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment