Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Rough Days and Happy Days

The last week has brought me some rough days. I have kept myself busy for sure but the nights have been the hardest. Kyle is now at his final destination and is keeping busy prepping for the rest of his team to arrive as they do a handoff from  the guys that are heading back home. I have been able to talk to him twice now which just makes my day, as you all can imagine. Ill keep everyone posted as much as I can on what is going on.

4 days later.... Well I sure have been keeping busy. This weekend was filled with activity with my favorite Green girls!! Saturday morning I went to Nove to do some ceramics shopping for some birthday gifts (Tiffany* dishes anyone?) and to get a jump start on christmas so I can start sending packages home. Saturday afternoon I enjoyed a relaxing trip to my favorite winery Villa Sceriman for a glass of Vino with the Green Girls followed by some chinese. Yes there is some very authentic chinese food that was delicious!
*Readers Be prepared for lots of reference to the Green's or my soul sister. Lindsay and her two adorable daughters Kate and Bella are my family over here and have been amazing support. A lil background-hopefully she doesn't mind ;) but Lindsay and I met both of our first weeks here on the BenVenuti class that we took and have literally been in-seperable since. We are truely soul sisters by definition: both social workers, have an embarassing and overpowering obsession for twilight and harry potter but only in that order, love our men (who are quite similar as well), winos and foodies, pinterest wannabes/testers, shopping buddies even when we should be doing something else, and sometimes dont even need to speak and we know whats goin on. Together we are getting through this deployment one day/adventure at a time! Love my soul sister!
Sunday took our foursome to Gardaland. Our original plan was just to enjoy the Sea Life Aquarium...but after an hour long walk through, we saw it all. Quick decision time: we decided to take a stab as the Gardaland Theme park! Ill tell you, the Italian theme park is waaaaay behind those in the states! Think Disney's Its a small world from the 80s, with dull colors and cracking paint with very bad anamatronics and this is how Lindsay and I entertained ourselves for the afternoon. We had a blast just joking around with how corney and 'knock off' of Disney and other various American characters they had...for one a tiger that vaguely resembles Tony the Tiger and some creepy bears probably made to look like Pooh, Im still not sure. Anyway fun was had by all, luckily It wasn't too hot for us! My evening was spent working on homework and getting a chance to skype back home. So glad I got to see Gma and Gpa on the computer! Love technology this week.

Technology has been challenging this week in an attempt to skype with the Hubby. We were able to see each other but he could hear me, I couldn't hear him :( at least I got to see his face making for a very interesting one sided conversation with his feeble attempts at chicken-pecking some typed responses to me! :) Well best be getting back to the homework.. only three more weeks of class left for the semester! Im very ready for the whole two week break we get before Fall semester kicks off...whoopeeee!

Thank you everyone for all your support these past couple of weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Maggie, dear...think of you often and love your photos that you post here and fb... I'm ever so happy you have the "Green" girls and a perfect friend. You will bless each other many times over I'm sure... keep smiling and know we miss you both!

    ReplyDelete