Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A New Chapter

Well as many of you know I was accepted into a Grad school program through UND Grand Forks for a Master of Social Work. It is going to be a very exhausting four semesters of class (6-7:40pm Central Standard Time= 1-2:40am Maggie Time=very tired Maggie). This is my first real week of class, I had orientation and a preflight last week, so now it is down to the grind! Sorry if I may be neglectful of the blog but for all you Facebookers it is easier for me to upload pictures there instead of here so check my albums for a more indepth look of happenings around here. I will try to still upload and update everyone on here!

Our past trips have included Lake Garda which was absolutely beautiful! Kyle did some rock climbing with the men as another wife and myself enjoyed the sunshine, sadly in my case burned to a crisp.
The Men and their mountain

View from the 'tanning platform' waiting for the men

Riva del Garda

Palm trees in Italy??

A little Liquid Courage before the next climb (mountain is in the previous picture, the top peak)

Lake Garda

so beautiful, can't wait to come back in the summer when the water is warmer




We ventured to a nearby town of Marostica where there is a huge castle with walls still intact, within the walls is also a giant chess board. In September (in which I plan to attend) they have a live chess game with costumes and the whole she-bang) Im very excited to go see it! Even though it was a rainy day we still hiked up to the Upper Castle so I could get some good pictures of town!


Looking up at the Upper Castle from Marostica

Live Chess

Chess Board

Halfway up the Hike

Our wet and slippery Terrain


Made it flip flops, dress, and wearing white without any falls


Upper Castle











Its a Kyle size door



Found this gem while geo caching



so beautiful!

Stay tuned: this past weekend we adventured to the 52 Tunnels in/on/around Monte Pasubio....granted Kyle and I only made it to 31 before the fog rolled in and I lost my climbing nerve, still got some great pics. Whats in store for us this weekend, checking out a beach near Venice....bring on the sunscreen for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment